July is Eye Safety Month, so Newton Eye Care Center is celebrating by passing along these tips from Prevent Blindness America to keep your peepers in tip-top shape. When outdoors:
- Inspect and remove debris from lawns before mowing.
- Keep paints, pesticides, fertilizers and similar products properly stored in a secure area.
- Keep your tools in good condition; damaged tools should be repaired or replaced.
- Wear safety glasses or dust goggles to protect against flying particles, and chemical goggles to guard against exposure to fertilizers and pesticides.
Here are a few other eye topics in the news:
- More people are willing to donate their eyes to research than actually are registered to donate, according to this article.
- A study says Omega-3s are no help against macular degeneration in this article.
- Surgeons save a teen’s sight using pioneering laser surgery in this article.
- Learn why there are more dry eyes in the house these days in this article.